1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the deal with the Colt Medallion Emblems?
Sometimes they show half a stallion, then other times there is the whole Colt stallion on the pistol grip medallions. Does it have a meaning?
Any ideas?
Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was told that the full stallions were from the seventies and older and the half stallions are from the eighties on.

I have a series 70 Gold Cup which was made in 1981 and came with a half stallion on the grips. Although it's a series 70, it had the half stallion because it was made in the eighties.

I'd like to know myself if this is true.

·
Banned
5,943 Posts
baril said:
I was told that the full stallions were from the seventies and older and the half stallions are from the eighties on.

I have a series 70 Gold Cup which was made in 1981 and came with a half stallion on the grips. Although it's a series 70, it had the half stallion because it was made in the eighties.

I'd like to know myself if this is true.
IIRC, the first time the half rampant Colt appeared was in 1986. This with the number "150" to commemorate Colts 150th year anniversary. After 1986, the medallion had the half rampant Colt without the number 150. This continued up to about 1992, when the medallions switched back to the full rampant Colt.

Regards,
Sam

1 - 3 of 3 Posts