1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recenty inherited a Model of 1903, .32 cal. It appears to be in excellent condition. I need some help with a couple of things: Where can I get an estimate of its value and where can I get disassembly instructions. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
74,641 Posts
Value is highly dependent on condition and age. The most valuable ones were made during WW2 and issued to officers in the military. They are identified by a UNITED STATES PROPERTY stamp. The regular guns can range anywhere from $200 to $700 depending on condition.

Excellent information and disassembly instructions can be found on Sam Lisker's Colt Autos Website.
http://www.coltautos.com

BTW your biggest problem is going to be finding spare magazines. I have a 1908 .380 and tried the Triple K magainzes. Total crap-OLA! I then found original Colt magazines at a gunshow, but they were $75. If you buy one look closely at the feed lips to make sure they're not split, which they're prone to doing.

[This message has been edited by dsk (edited 06-23-2001).]

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I ordered a couple of mags from sarco, $18 each. I'll check out the website. Regards, Mike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts