1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been kicking around the idea of getting a Colt Mustang for fun and to use when my pistol club doe BUG (back up gun) matches.

The question I have is can my left handed self get an ambi safety for it and where?

Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you like the style of the Mustang, look into the Sig p-238. If is very much like the Mustang and new production. I would not want to use a Mustang since they are out of production and more of a collectable. Sorry no info on the ambi safty.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Cylinder & Slide used to make ambi safeties, check with Brownells or Midway. Maybe you could find one on an auction site.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you like the style of the Mustang, look into the Sig p-238. If is very much like the Mustang and new production. I would not want to use a Mustang since they are out of production and more of a collectable. Sorry no info on the ambi safty.
I like the 238. If I was truly going to use this as a "back up gun" it would be the right choice. I want the Mustang because of its fun factor. I just want to shoot it at our club level matches and have a neat "1911" style baby gun.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cylinder & Slide used to make ambi safeties, check with Brownells or Midway. Maybe you could find one on an auction site.
I have been checking. Can not find on the website, but I will try a call on Monday.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
some guys will probably hate me for this... my wife has an 89 satin nickle mustang govt 380 model..it was purchased from an estate..unused..she carries it daily and it's showing some signs of carry and use as she loves to run the gun at the range

I also have a mustang std stainless..I bought it in like new condition..it now has daily road rash from my rug...and if we could find 380 ammo..we'd be running a lot more through em...they are great guns..overpriced...yes...collectable?...eh...sold tools for daily conceal carry...yessir...my wife's gal friend uses a govt 380, our NRA master instructor's wife (also an instructor) carries a mustang plus..and we all know that at 21feet we can be as effective with those lil bugs as we are with our XDs or M&Ps or ultra 1911 carry pieces...
that's the real value of the mustang...and no..sorry.. I don't know about ambies

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I like the 238. If I was truly going to use this as a "back up gun" it would be the right choice. I want the Mustang because of its fun factor. I just want to shoot it at our club level matches and have a neat "1911" style baby gun.
Mine is at my dads home it was originaly bought for the same reason as you state. It was a back up gun and fit in dickys work pants pockets.
It was also the "cute little gun" as well. It was bought in "as new condition" but was used.
It was my wifes purse gun at the time. She now has a S&W 38 airwieght.
As far as what it is worth that means zero to me When dad finds it it will have some 380 Ball ammo run threw it.
http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=248612

1 - 7 of 7 Posts