1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About to pick up a brand new DAO New Agent and I would like to pick up an extra mag along with it (gonna use the stock mags as well) my dealer is recommending the 470XC but I like the thoughts of the stronger spring in the 6-round XV after reading about some potential feeding issues with the stock mags maybe the XV would be a good option?

As stated I do plan to use the stock mags to find out if they have any issues or not but my dealer has offered me 50% on any mag I pick up at time of purchase of the New Agent.

What do you guys think? XC or XV?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I went ahead an ordered an XV mag today. Will give a report when I have a chance to try it out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a couple of these that I have shot in a New Agent. A bit of a riddle, they are sold as 6-rnd mags, but 7 rounds fit easily and without any forcing??? They shot reliably with uniform loads (all HP or all ball), but would not shoot a complete mag of mixed HP and ball.

·
Registered
13,378 Posts
I have a couple of these that I have shot in a New Agent. A bit of a riddle, they are sold as 6-rnd mags, but 7 rounds fit easily and without any forcing??? They shot reliably with uniform loads (all HP or all ball), but would not shoot a complete mag of mixed HP and ball.
The magazine has no idea what ammunition you are shooting through it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Logic and all...Just presenting it as it occurred. The issue is more me ordering one magazine from Wilson and receiving a different item packaged in the wrong bags. Unless you could see your way to addressing the 7 vs. 6.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts