1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Colt 380 NiteLite that has the tritium night sights that are dead. The front sight blade has a hole drilled into the fixed blade and the "vial" is inside of it. The rear sight is removeable and can be replaced.
Does anyone know of a company that can reasonably fix the front blade and possibly the rear sight also?

·
Registered
518 Posts
I don't know much about the little 380's, so pardon my ignorance. But if the night-sights were offered on the gun by the factory, I would think Colt could replace or recharge them.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Gun Play, the factory might be an option for replacing the sights themselves, but the tritium vials must be installed into the sights by those licensed to handle them--radioactive material ya know.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the link. The factory NiteLite doesn't have a removable front sight se the slide would have to be sent it so that the tritium can be changed. The rear sight could be removed and changed, but I would prefer the repair the tritium line that is on the rear sight.
The Colt NiteLite is somewhat rare and I would like to keep it in excellent, and original condition.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
M2HB I can relate. I have an oddball...uh, small batch Springfield Armory 1911, made for Lew Horton Distributors, with night sights that are going to have to go to Tooltech for lamp replacement. The sight bodies are non-standard in size.

However it's not a gripe, the gun was bought at a "shooter grade" price a couple years back and has given great service. What I'll probably do to save some $$ is get the tritium replaced only up front, that set up seems to work pretty well for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts