1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 291 Posts

·
Registered
23,240 Posts
I wanted the LW version that was in their early 2015 catalog. They got dropped when the XSE line got dropped. When they talked about keeping the rail guns in addition to the Combat Elite as the last members of the XSE line I was hoping the Commander Rail guns might make it. Here is a picture from their 2015 catalog that shows them.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I SERIOUSLY wanted one of these, was going to be my next Colt purchase. Then it dissapeared :bawling:
Did either of those make it to production or were they canned before making it out? I searched around looking even for a used one with no luck... but that would be my DREAM Colt since I LOVE the M45A1 but want it in a Commander size with the M1913 rail.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I liked that line up. Apparently Colt didn't have much confidence in it. Even in the youtube Shot show video i noticed that the Colt rep seemed to be more confident that the new 70 series Colt Gold Cup was what the customers would want. Its a beautiful gun that stands out but it was just one model. I was surprised he didn't put more focus ( limited amount of time to cover the whole line up)0n the railgun line up.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I liked that line up. Apparently Colt didn't have much confidence in it. Even in the youtube Shot show video i noticed that the Colt rep seemed to be more confident that the new 70 series Colt Gold Cup was what the customers would want. Its a beautiful gun that stands out but it was just one model. I was surprised he didn't put more focus ( limited amount of time to cover the whole line up)0n the railgun line up.
My apologies to RJ Contorno if this post seemed critical of his presentation. I went back and watched the video and he did a good job presenting the line up. Its been a year since i watched it and i guess the reason i remembered it that way was because the rail gun is more my style.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Colt 04840RG

I contacted Colt several times to get one of these. They say they don't have any lightweight blanks. Didnt have any samples to sell either. Took the extra step to contact all the Colt distributors to find one to no avail. I did see one steel commander on GunsAmerica for sale but have not seen a LW in the wild. Does anyone have friends at Colt to coax these into production?

·
Registered
87 Posts
As per brent.....the rail gun commander model will not and is not being made....I asked specifically about this model....brent....there is more than enough desire for a railgun commander so I'm asking you to make a run of 1000 units or more which I want the first one made...stainless please....I can send my ffl info so we can skip the ridiculously stupid over mark up of the stocking colt dealers...that is what I told you about..they ask 400 bucks over retail for ar15a4's and don't get me started about how much for pistols......retail price is where it should be but I'm tired of greed in the gun community...please take care of use we are a loyal following to colt.45 acp and 9 mm colt commander rail guns...I'm asking for 1 of each and I'm sure there are enough more request to make colt a profit on this model....please and thank you....by the way....the xse commander you repaired has been flawless....I am very great full and very appreciative for colt fixing what the dealer screwed up.....it's 100% with ball and hst standard pressure. ...I am sold on commander models now! Thank you colt!

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Just made a run of 100 custom railed commanders for a distributor. This is the same specs as the RGZ. Another 100 happening this month..... with a threaded barrel....
Brent
Good things coming form Colt!

1 - 20 of 291 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.