1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Fellows,

I wonder what sort of "drop in" parts are available to replace the factory pieces that are reportedly weak and unreliable ?

In the event that I decide, or need to change my factory parts out I want some drop in stuff. Im not a gun smith, nor can I afford outrageous gun smith prices for doing the stuff.

Thanks !

·
Banned
7,485 Posts
You mean Officer ACP?

Ed Brown barrel bushing, Clark recoil plug, standard Colt's springs and guides, Gunsite Low Thumb Safety, Novak dot-over-bar tritium sights (installed by John Novik), Kings drop in grip safety (removed, the Officer ACP grip safety carries better).

Thin AlumaGrips (of course).

Before sight installation.

After sight installation. (Grip safety is back to standard shown above.)

Brown's bushing is a bit thicker.

Clark recoil spring plug is smooth fronted with no slot (not fully visible).

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Wow...Chuck S got the right answer! I went ahead and installed the Wilson recoil system myself. The factory bushing was sloppy, so I fitted an Ed Brown bushing myself and was shocked at the groups I was getting a 15 yds. If I ever get another OfficersACP, I will go with what Chuck said...(the Clark reverse plug and Brown bushing)

·
Registered
191 Posts
nice piece Chuck S

The only part that is MIM to my knowlege is the sear and I myself like Ed Brown hardcore parts best. Wilson bulletproof runs a close second.

I would also suggest an Ed Brown barrel bushing and the clark recoil spring plug.

Unfortunetly none of these are drop in parts.

here's my OACP, not a great pic though

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Desperado said:
Neato. And ALL those are just drop in parts ? No fitting required ?
Personally, I dont think "drop-in" is 100% correct. I would suggest that it means a person of average abilities can follow the directions and do some minor fitting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts