1911Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,898 Posts
Colt is planning to reintroduce the Python. 357 within the year 2006 along with the Colt Anaconda .44 Magnum . New CNCN machinery has been bought to produce again the wonderful Colt Double action revolvers.

Maybe we will see the Official Police in a small limited production.

You just have to wait for a few months.

Hope it helps,

· Registered
287 Posts
That was the internet rumor, that production would begin again in 2006, and I think Colt was leaking that a bit too. But I called a day ago to check on an AR-15 I sent in, and asked the Python question. I first asked if there was any backlog on civilian work due to the war effort, as I've read on the forums. She replied no, because it was two separate companies and that would not cause a backlog in commercial products. I then asked if the Python production would resume this year and she replied, "not in the foreseeable future".

· Registered
328 Posts
mjconnor said:
I have been looking to purchase a new Colt Python, anyone heard when Colt will produce the next run of Pythons, I have not seen any forsale for a long time tks John

Does it have to be New? Or New to you?

My brother in law just picked up a Beautiful 6" Python off Gun broker.

And I just did quick search there and nine popped up.

· Registered
7,864 Posts
javichin colt said:
Colt is planning to reintroduce the Python. 357 within the year 2006 along with the Colt Anaconda .44 Magnum . New CNCN machinery has been bought to produce again the wonderful Colt Double action revolvers.

Maybe we will see the Official Police in a small limited production.

You just have to wait for a few months.

Hope it helps,
Where do you get that info? Perhaps we should read the results of CTSigLover's report on his visit to Colt's factory with Mark1648!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.