1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I found me a Colt Python bright stainless steel 6" barrel in near mint shape. It has the original carrying box from Colt and manual, Also has a few scratches under the trigger guard. Going for $995. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Tough call. May be the best (and best looking) revolver ever made, but jeez, those prices are high. Check GunsAmerica and some others and see if you can find any to compare. This may be the best you can do.

66 Posts
Don't pay $1000 for a shooter Python. If he wanted a collector price for it he would have left it in the safe. Some people think they can get anything for a Colt. Don't even make an offer. Yesterday in the Las Vegas times there was an 8" Python for $400. I had missed the deal and did'nt ask condition as it was gone. But I can get you a better deal than that. Just give me a chance and I will get you your dream Python. I know I don't know you but, from the posts i've seen lately, I can tell my help could be valuable.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Originally posted by ZekeLuvs1911:
Hi all,
I found me a Colt Python bright stainless steel 6" barrel in near mint shape. It has the original carrying box from Colt and manual, Also has a few scratches under the trigger guard. Going for $995. What do you guys think?
Just wonder does the python include test target like the earlier python and python elite? what prefix or suffix it have in it's serial no?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Colt Pythons are strictly custom shop now days. And they run about 1200.00 for a blued one the last time I checked. If that stainless (I think they were Electroless Nickel) is in great shape, and timing is spot on, BUY IT!!!!

------------------
God Bless America!!

Danny
NRA, NAHC, Buckmasters

1 - 6 of 6 Posts