1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I decided to add another Colt to my collection. I already have two SAAs, but they are Uberti Clones. One is a 4 3/4" and the other is a 5 1/2." I wanted to get a 7 1/2" SAA and wanted to have a real Colt so I got this one. It's a 3rd generation in .44 Special. I had really wanted to get a .45 Colt, but Colts are few and far between these days in MD and the price wasn't bad. It is slightly used (a small scratch or two and has been fired, but very little shooting based on the cyclinder) and is about $1200.00. And while I realize I could have had two Clones for that price, I just wanted to have that horsey on it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had one set up like yours. It shot very well and I wish I still had it. I sold mine in Virginia, yours doesnt have fake bone type grips does it?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I too looked at a Colt SAA

But when I went back to the dealer it was gone. He showed me a AWA Peacekeeper that he had just received and I was amazed at how identical it was to the Colt. So I bought it, and now find out that AWA was sued by Colt for making the Peacekeeper too much like a Colt. Anyway, I'll keep shooting this AWA.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts