1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Lets see if this works better. If not I give up.

I think I'm liking this ionbond, I'd heard some things about the looks of it but I like it

Thanks a lot Brent.

For anybody shopping, I know you've heard people say it before but him and Kathleen are two of the easiest people to deal with I've experienced. With any luck there will be a ball of fire in the sky tomorrow and I'll get to try it out

·
Administrator
74,057 Posts
So what is it, a 1911 tie tack? ;)

Bigger pics please!

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol help me out, are you being sarcastic here? because on mine they were the entire size of my dang screen

·
Administrator
74,057 Posts
They were the size of postage stamps on mine. Are you using Photobucket or something similar?

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imageshack, but I haven't been on it awhile and now the entire layout is different.

How bout now?

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Crap, now I can't change the title back... I think I'm about to give up

i need to find a new photo hosting service and try this again

·
Administrator
74,057 Posts
Nice belt buckle. ;)

Seriously, looks like you got an awesome pistol there. :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Did they do the checkering and the magwell too?

Never seen grips like that with the Colt Medallion either.......good stuff.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did they do the checkering and the magwell too?

Never seen grips like that with the Colt Medallion either.......good stuff.
yup they did the magwell. Grips are VZ gunners with the medallions in them. I've had those for probably a year waiting on the gun
Turn the flash off so we can see the roll marks please. Beautiful pistol!
it's not the flash, honest. My gun rooms in the basement and it's all fluorescent lights down there.

Here's another shot at it

really wanted something simple

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It was never my gun before today, it's an in house build that they sent me when it was done. Bout a year and a half from putting the deposit down to getting it

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
It was never my gun before today, it's an in house build that they sent me when it was done. Bout a year and a half from putting the deposit down to getting it
Many folks don't realize Colt Custom Shop can build you pretty much anything you want from the "ground up" as long as you start with their frame and slide and specify a caliber they currently cut cut a breech face for.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Its really nice except I dont like the giant Colt Firearms on the ejection port side. But other than that its sweet. Hey sounds like you like certain engraving/markings that I don't;)..... Any who that is a nice piece.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Many folks don't realize Colt Custom Shop can build you pretty much anything you want from the "ground up" as long as you start with their frame and slide and specify a caliber they currently cut cut a breech face for.
I knew they did but it had so many Rail Gun features I wrongly assumed he sent in a Rail Gun for customization.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Its really nice except I dont like the giant Colt Firearms on the ejection port side. But other than that its sweet. Hey sounds like you like certain engraving/markings that I don't;)..... Any who that is a nice piece.
I actually meant to put the colt custom thing there.... but when I wrote it up I f'D up... Still quite happy though
I knew they did but it had so many Rail Gun features I wrongly assumed he sent in a Rail Gun for customization.
They made damn near what I wanted, the rail gun if they'd get rid of the F serrations I could have worked with that. And I didn't know they did till I came here and somebody told me to get in touch with Brent for colt questions. I figured he was a guy who just knew a lot about Colts.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts