1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how well the Colt Series 70 works with the original blued Colt mags that come with the pistol?

I have a Series 70 but no original mags. I have an opportunity to buy a few for $10 each and wanted to know what your all's experience has been.

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
The series 70 in new or good fired condition. Is probably one of the least mag preference weapons ever made. Mine is in high fired fair condition. And it loves any mag i've tried in it. They are ammo oppinionated however. They like 230 ball but can tolerate 200 flat. Hollowpoints will feed the least reliably. The 1991 cousin is more mag sensitive and less ammo sensitive.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
If these are the real thing, genuine Colt mags the $10 price is quite good. The 70 series Colts that I have are not too picky about magazines.

·
Registered
216 Posts
While the series 70 isn't too picky about mags, the Colt mags are generally so poor that even a non picky pistol isn't reliable with them!

Save the money and buy half as many Chip McCormick's, Wilson's or King's in aluminum.

My $0.02

PigPen

·
2,988 Posts
Originally posted by PigPen:
While the series 70 isn't too picky about mags, the Colt mags are generally so poor that even a non picky pistol isn't reliable with them!

Save the money and buy half as many Chip McCormick's, Wilson's or King's in aluminum.

My $0.02

PigPen
While I would agree that for the same money I would rather have a McCormick magazine for the extra round, there is NOTHING wrong with Colt 7 round magazines (the 8 rounders are McCormick anyway). For years, the Colt magazine was the ONLY reliable magazine and it can still hold its own now.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I think James said it best.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts