1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have comments on colts lifetime repair service, My gold cup appears to have developed a small crack in the frame located maybe an inch forward of the slide stop. any input on will they fix it , turn around times, this is presently my carry gun so I'm a little reluctant to send it off.

·
Registered
70 Posts
LFN said:
anyone have comments on colts lifetime repair service, My gold cup appears to have developed a small crack in the frame located maybe an inch forward of the slide stop. any input on will they fix it , turn around times, this is presently my carry gun so I'm a little reluctant to send it off.
Can't say what it's like now, but, as of two years ago, it was very poor. I sent two Colt 1911's back for work. One took 5 months to get back, the other took 6 months to get back, after several phone calls, being lied to by them, and a nasty letter to the customer service dept. I would never use them again, but in your case, if it's warrantee work, you don't have much choice.

·
Registered
103 Posts
colt service

I had to send my NRM back recently, had it back in two weeks.
I would rate their service top notch.
avery53 :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Within the month of October 03' I had to send a new 1991 Commander back for a slide overhang problem. Had gun back in about 16 days which includes transit time. Very pleased and satisfied with Colt's service.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts