1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one of the above in 99+%. Only mar is a tiny slide stop scratch that you can't see with the slide forward but can see with the slide back and slide stop engaged. Have the custom shop box, targets etc. I am going on vacation for a week but may want to sell it when i return. It is the hard chrome version they no longer make, although the Colt web site has a picture of the hard chrome version while they are now building a two tone model. If you are interested email me at home and I will get back to you June 1.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Would love to haggle, but you are in TEXAS and I'm in CALIFORNIA. Could you move here, and then sell it to me?
Anyone in California have the same itch(and the same model Colt) to sell that the meanoldman has?
Walt

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have just purchased one of the "Special Combat Government" in 45ACP. It is Electroless Nickel on the bottom and Blue on the top. Anyone have any details (type of barrel, any special attention for accuracy, is it a custom shop job, etc.)? It came in a Blue box with two Shooting Star mags, a white slip-cover for the blue box, and a registration card. Any info anyone has would be appreciated. It has an excellent trigger compared to my older Combat Government Model, and the Bomar adjustable is a nice touch. Finish is outstanding. Thank you.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have the carry model and absolutely love it. I may get other 1911's, but no way I'm going to part with it!

Everett

------------------

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Hey armen, you happen to work at Ashland Oil? Was the name of the place you got you 1911 Borders? No, its not a 6th sense, just a fellow Ashlander. I can't believe someone else from Ashland is on here! I looked at that Special Combat Govn't when they first got it up there at Borders. VERY nice lookin'! That other Custom Shop Colt is pretty nice too. Glad to see you on here man. What do ya think of Greg's Colt prices? Email me some time.

------------------
"They all fall to hardball!"

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
Sounds nice but it should be nickle should'nt it? And I am happy with my own bunch now. P.S. unless you move to Las Vegas and want to sell to me. And no I can't get you a job or pay you $15,000 to $45,000 for your Government .45.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts