1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that in general, most parts from one full-size 1911 should work in another. I'm already thinking of buying a new Colt 1991/Government Model (especially because of the new roll marks) to keep my Springfield Mil-Spec company.

Will most of the parts in a Colt work in my Springfield Mil-Spec (and vice versa)? Which ones won't, if any?

(Also, I know about the Series 80 safety that is used in the Colt but not the Springfield.)

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Apart from the S80 stuff, everything should work interchangably, for the most part, except the sights. Not sure you'd want to be swapping parts around, as the tolerence stacking may not work in your favor, but you never know.

Subtle differences may exist in the size of certain things, but in general, it's all the same, and within a few thousands comparitvely.

Either slide can be used on either frame, if you remove the S80 firing pin block from the Colt slide, and the levers from the Colt frame.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks jaydee.

Not sure you'd want to be swapping parts around, as the tolerence stacking may not work in your favor, but you never know.
Yep, that's exactly why I asked this question. Basically, I would only be swapping parts in an emergency situation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts