1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys anybody of have an Idea of how long it will take for Colt to replace the slide on my new stainless series 70 . I picked it up the other day and I have to admit a really nice piece but the spring tunnel is way to thin. The indside edge is over chamferred and outside has been radiused . This is the area that the plug sits in . I intend to make it a custom but I would not be able to make give this pistol a bevel package . Thank's Mike O'Hara

·
Registered
160 Posts
RETURN TIME

I fed-ex'ed mine on 11-13, I picked it up on 12-17. They quoted 15 business days in house. With all of the holidays it ended up being about 19 days in house, then it took me two more to get to fed-ex and pick it up. I was not at the house when they came by to drop it off. for waranty and repair, if state law allows, they will ship it to your door, with an adult signature required.

jasonj

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank's Jason that is not to bad, I can not ship until Jan 4 because they are closed until then but I feel confident that they will get it right. I noticed alot areas that you mention blasted rounds that have been hit by a polishing wheel, mshs not flush back slide not flush etc etc . I still love Colt I must be a fool . Ocg1911

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,444 Posts
Colt replaced the slide on my Delta, and after projecting a 30-day turnaround, I had it back in 33 days.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rick, What was wrong with your slide . The new 1991's seem to be almost perfect but this is the 2nd series 70 repro with a minor slide problem to go through the shop . Thank's Mike O'Hara
O'Hara Custom Guns

1 - 5 of 5 Posts