1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Colt Walther 1911 .22 with 6 magazines. A couple of the mags will hold 12 but all the other hold 10. I cannot find any difference between the mags even after disassembly. I saw an old post from some stating they did something to the 10 round mags to make them hold 12 but I can't find anything on it when I do searches in the forums or on google.

I know about the Taylor Tactical supply change to 15 or 16 rounds but I like the load button for quick reloads.

Anyone??

Jim

·
Registered
88 Posts
The 10 round magazines have an ally post glued to the base and can be removed to make it 12. But you must live in a state that allows 12 round magazines!

If you can cut through the ally it will release the glue and your magazine will hold 12 rounds.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have 6 mags already of which 2 are 12 and the rest are 10. I thought there might be some way to easily make them all 12. I know about the kits that make them 15-17 but I don't need that.
Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was finally able to remove the bottom plate on the 10 rounders and remove the aluminum post. We are able to use 12 round mags here so now i am good to go.
Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Colt Walther 1911 .22 with 6 magazines. A couple of the mags will hold 12 but all the other hold 10. I cannot find any difference between the mags even after disassembly. I saw an old post from some stating they did something to the 10 round mags to make them hold 12 but I can't find anything on it when I do searches in the forums or on google.

I know about the Taylor Tactical supply change to 15 or 16 rounds but I like the load button for quick reloads.

Anyone??

Jim

Anyone??

Jim
Wood Nickel Font Auto part Office supplies

I had the same problem, one 12 and 2 10's.. they look the same on the outside, the 12 came right apart after pressing the locking pin on the bottom of the mag. The 10's were glued shut to keep you from changing them. I was able to break the glue loose on the pin and the slide, but it was not easy, then took the follower out and it did have a metal plug glued onto the follower to reduce the capacity from 12 to 10, again the plug was glued to the follower, so I split the plug and spread it to break the glue and took it off. Cleaned all the glue off all the parts and reassembled, now I have three 12 rnd mags.
Bumper Motor vehicle Wood Automotive exterior Nickel

Wood Nickel Font Auto part Office supplies
Bumper Motor vehicle Wood Automotive exterior Nickel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts