1911Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
79,278 Posts
Not many of the WW2's were made. Colt planned to produce 4,000 of them but they stopped about 1,000 shy for some reason. I do see them for sale online from time to time, so just keep your money in your pocket and your eyes peeled. One is bound to show up eventually.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
At the risk of sounding foolish (on a Colt board), what is the qualitative and aesthetic difference between the Colt WWII Repro and the SA Repro?

I just bought the Colt WWI Repro and would like to have a WWII Repro (or a WWII original) to go along with it.

Thanks for the input.

·
Administrator
79,278 Posts
The Springfield GI is nothing more than a traditional-looking 1911 with many GI features. The Colt WW2 repro actually attempted to duplicate an original WW2-era M1911A1 in markings and small parts. However they didn't try as hard as they should have, in my opinion. The short smooth trigger looked phoney as hell, and even the markings on the first batch (the ones with the WK serial number prefix) weren't quite right.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on both models.

I saw a Colt WWII Repro on GA 1 or 2 weeks ago.

I may try to pick one up sometime if I have some extra $ in my pockets.

I usually stick with semi-custom target 1911s, but I certainly have a soft spot for good looking old guns and repros.

I am not happy that S & W discontinued its Heritage line so quickly.

I just picked up a beautiful Model 25-11 (45 LC) & 1/2" barrel and beautiful color case hardening.

I have also caught myslef eying Uberti Schofields recently.

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
I had two WW2 reproductions. sold one for $950.00 on GB. I personally like the reproduction as it was more affordable than my original WW2 1911a1. Plus I am more willing to shoot the repro than the original. :rock:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.