1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The guide rod in this model as all my goverment models style models i have is a short guide rod.An RSO was watching me do one handed drills and said a longer guide rod would be better.Ive never had any issues wondering why that advice was given.Has anyone in forum changed the guide rod out.When i asked him he just said youll notice difference in steadiness of recoil??? Is the guy just right or wrong??? or a kook

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
If he's referring to a full length guide rod (FLGR), have a search and be prepared for a couple days of reading.

Bottom line is: They help with recoil/they don't help with recoil, they make disassembly easier/they make disassembly harder, they smooth out the recoil spring compression/they don't smooth out the recoil spring compression, they make your recoil spring last longer/they don't make your recoil spring last longer, they can unlock the secrets of Stonehenge/they can't unlock the secrets of Stonehenge.....

·
Banned
7,730 Posts
I am not certain what the one handed drills consisted of doing as they are without definition. If your gun was malfunctioning one handed, a guide rod is not the fix. If your gun malfunctions and you are confined to use one hand to clear a malfunction or charge the weapon, a flgr is not the way to go. Do a search on guide rod and you can read till your hair falls out. Flgr is too short for search to work. Does the RSO part time at the range and full time at the mall? Does he look like this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts