1911Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
8,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A few weeks back the COLT bug bit me (already own Kimber, Springers and S&Ws) but I waited for the right gun (now guns) to come along before jumping into Colt ownership. After looking at a few different models I ran across these two at one of our local shops.

Here are 1st pics of two used Series 80 MKIV GCNM just recently purchased.

http://www.i16.photobucket.com/albums/b27/mitrod3/COLTS003.jpg

The pictures were taken at the gun shop as I wait out the mandatory waiting period so I could not arrange them quite like I wanted to for the best viewing. Both guns are in great condition having barely been shot and both show very little ware at all. We tested the trigger on the stainless one (it had already had some trigger work) and it came in at 3.5 to 4 lbs and was really smooth. The blued gun came in at 5+ lbs. on the trigger and will have some trigger work after I can take her home.

I am looking forward to seeing how they both shoot and will someday pass one each to each of the my two sons.:cool:

Bwe Safe, Shoot Well.:rock:

· Registered
367 Posts
No...10...... 10- 24hour periods after they hit enter in the DROS computer....
I am not sure where you got the 11 from, unless you have a dealer that does not submit untill next day. :rock: :rock:

· Registered
8,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
yes, that waiting period does bite....I would love to have shot them both already.

and..... in this situation I pick up the stainless and then have to wait another 5 plus 3 (8) more days before picking up the blued as multiple purchases of hand guns have a very nasty way of potentially drawing attention from the state police which I and the shop owner would prefer to avoid, so we play it by the book and patience is the order of the day. at least I will be shooting the stainless on Monday night and it's partner just 8 days later which works for me.

i will also post some better pics when i have them home.

be safe, shoot well.:rock:

· Registered
86 Posts
Dang,,,you guys in Ca. sure put up with a lotta crap,just to own a gun.Oklahoma is maybe 15 minutes and no limit on amount of guns to buy.Well maybe there is a limit,I just never tried to buy more then one at a time,and didn't ask the dealer,but heard of guys buying 4 or 5 at a time,especially at gun shows

· Registered
1,088 Posts
chevis said:
maybe 15 minutes and no limit on amount of guns to buy
That's the way it's been in the last three states I've lived in. I do recall the California wait thing from my youth though....that, and all their other gun laws are tough on the consumer and don't seem to affect the guys in Compton getting a gun with no wait on the street corner :scratch:

· Registered
118 Posts
ScottsGT said:
Your stainless needs these :D
Where can a guy get a set of grips like that for something other than a colt (logo)? What are those called? Pearl?

Beautiful gun BTW.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.