1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this little beauty in the used section of my local gun shop. It's like I found it except for the faux ivory panels. I put about 150 rounds through it today, very mild recoil, dead on accurate and no malfunctions :D

Does anyone have a source for information on detail take down and maintenance ?

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Man, these are sweet feeling guns! My dealer currently has a "new" in the box lightweight Gov't model that I have been mulling over for the past month. You're post just might have tripped my trading trigger.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Shaman

Nice addition to your collection. You did realize you are builing a collection, did'nt you?:D

I am not sure of a good source for doing a detailed disassembly. I learned by the chinese jigsaw puzzle method. It is a bit complicated to get back together the first time or two, so if you try this before finding written documentation remember two things.

1. The left grip panel controls how far the thumb safety can rotate. When the left grip panel is removed the safety will rotate down about 180-270 degrees. The thumb safety catch plunger in the frame is spring loaded with a pretty strong spring, when you rotate the thumb safety down unless you have the plunger trapped it will launch itself across the county (or into your face) possibly never to be seen again. Unfortunately the thumb safety must be rotated down the full amount of its travel to remove it from the frame so stay on top of this part of the disassembly.

2. Go slow, and pay attention to where the parts sit and how they mate together before you do each step.

Good luck.
Str8_Shot

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
col132 said:
Man, these are sweet feeling guns! My dealer currently has a "new" in the box lightweight Gov't model that I have been mulling over for the past month. You're post just might have tripped my trading trigger.
Sheesh... :( don't give me any details. If I got anywhere near a NIB light weight version (especially a stainless) it would be gone, gone, gone. I 'promised' my wife I would behave for at least a month or two :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts