1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can one order a Colt from the factory with Novak sights (standard or night) installed already or does it require bringing it to a gunsmith for installation?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I don't think so. The only possible way would be if the Custom Shop did it. And even then you'd have to make sure they would even do it. It would be alot easier to just get your Colt, then have Novak do it. He has a real quick turnaround time.

------------------
"They all fall to hardball!"

·
Registered
604 Posts
Wayne put his sights on my 1911 in the late 1980's. Works fine. However, I do wish the real sight were just a little bit wider. Like to see some light on each side of the front sight.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I got a Lew Horton Colt Commander made in the Custom shop with Novak sights. I also had them install on an Officers' model. If you have it done, get the best gunsmith you can to fit the dovetail to the sight. Potential problems abound, especially if you do not have a flat-top slide.

Regards.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I agree with the above posts. Best have your gunsmith do it, or if you don't have one, ask around and find one who's recommended. I once sent off a request to the Colt Custom Shop for some in-house work on a standard Government Model -- forget it. They are waaay expensive. Best Wishes, ACP

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
You might want to call Wayne.
I think we put a Novac on a colt. I "think" he made one to fit the ira K knock off sight?? worth a call.
geo ><>

it would be a tap in with very sligth fitting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts