1911Forum banner

Colt's new CCO gunsite pistol,are these out yet?

870 2
I was reading the new copy of "the complete book of the 1911" annual and seen a write up on one of these and was wondering if these are out yet?,if so could you post some pic in your response if you have on of these colts? Also whats the price versus the suggested retail in the gunrags?,I've noticed these are ususally quite a bit less in most cases. I think the lightweight officers acp frame and commander length slide are a nice carry combo. I deffinatly want one of these a.s.a.p. but have a couple of questions.

First off is it true using magazines metal followers or certain jhp bullets with weird profiles can/will damage the feedramp? And last I take it the commander length slide and normal recoil system means its not plauged with reliability issues like officers model size guns right? Sorry if these question seem stupid I know a great deal about 1911 pistols in general but have no experiance with alluminum framed versions thanksfor any help.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Administrator
80,891 Posts
They've been out for at least several months. You can find them for sale online on Gunbroker, Auction Arms and Guns America.

Regarding allow frames and mags, yes it is true that you need to avoid metal followers that are prone to being "tipsy".

· Registered
888 Posts
I have had mine for quite a while now. It is accurate, extremely easy to carry, and it has been completely reliable with 7 round Wilson magazines. (Not so for the supplied Colt magazines, however.)

It easily disappears with correct carry rigs and clothing.

Your assessment of the reliability of the recoil system is correct.

Remember that a pistol of this type is meant to be carried a lot and shot a moderate amount. I would not want to put a heavy round count on any alloy framed 1911 that I carry for defense. I have lots of steel frame 1911's for that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.