1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to purchase a new in box Colt Combat Commander for the sum of $930.00 The ser. no. is 80BS180XX . The dealer says it is new in box and it looks it. Can anyone tell me what year and the value? It is a pre 70 series as it has no 70 series roll mark on slide. It is blued with walnut grips with colt medallions. Since it is older, it probably wouldnt be reliable with hollow points and would modifying it with sights, reliability job and such be considered very bad form. Even if it is authentic, I will have to shoot it.

·
Registered
865 Posts
D.A.,

That serial number is for an 80 Series. A 70 Series (or pre-70 Series if you prefer) would have a 70 prefix to the serial number NOT an 80 prefix.

A NIB 70 Series Combat Commander lists for around $950.00. Do the modifications that you mention and fire it and it would be worth around $550.00!

·
Banned
5,951 Posts
Your pistol was made in 1982. None of the Colt Combat Commanders had Series 70 rollmarks. The Series 80 FP system was introduced in 1983. Your pistol most likely does not have a FP safety. Value? What you and the seller agreed upon.

Regards,
Sam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts