1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Id like to replace the sights on my combat comm. The sights on there now are worthless. Its a 70 series late 1970s model. Im confused on the different sizes but would like sights that are visable at the range in daytime. Also is it possible to do it without buying the special tool? Also id like the rear sight to be adjustable. Thanks ahead of time i know the subject has been beaten up and i did search.
Thanks again van

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
http://www.novaksights.com/

Press the *ENTER* button on the front page above.

There are few, if any, options using the standard dovetail rear and tenon front for a Combat Commander if you want adjustable sights.

I suggest sending your slide to Novaks for their front and rear dovetail and get the sights of your choice.
It will take about a week for the work to be done and cost roughly $200, which includes the price of your chosen sights.

Might I suggest a *wide notch, low profile rear* and a *fiber optic or brass bead front* ?

Good luck! :)

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
http://www.novaksights.com/

Press the *ENTER* button on the front page above.

There are few, if any, options using the standard dovetail rear and tenon front for a Combat Commander if you want adjustable sights.

I suggest sending your slide to Novaks for their front and rear dovetail and get the sights of your choice.
It will take about a week for the work to be done and cost roughly $200, which includes the price of your chosen sights.

Might I suggest a *wide notch, low profile rear* and a *fiber optic or brass bead front* ?

Good luck! :)

^^^^ Good advice.

Or find a competent local gunsmith experienced in 1911 sight work.
Just make sure he knows what he's doing.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks ill give them a call

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Not adjustable, but my favorite for no mill application is the Harrison rear sight. Worked wonders on my Commander model.
:rock:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts