1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I want everyone to take a moment Monday afternoon-early evening to look towards the sky. If you see a UPS plane, waive. My stainless WWII GI is heading back to its maker, in Geneseo ILL, for the "treatment", and may be booked on that flight.

So far this is what I plan on having done.

Fit slide to frame
Install/fit match barrel&bushing
Debur inside
Carry bevel
Action/trigger job
Lower and flare ejection port
Bead blast frame only(satin finish)

Now here is a question for you all. On my stainless GI, I noticed that the serial number and manufacturer name are engraved or electro penciled on the frame. On my regular Mil Spec they are stamped, rather nicely I might say.

I dont like the looks and forgot to ask Springfield if they could change that. What do you think?

· Registered
323 Posts
Stamp probably looks better

I would have to say that the stamp probably does look better. Now a return question for you. Did you shoot it much and find any malfunctions due to the ejection port. I have an old but goody that I am considering having it lowered and flared also.

· Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got about 800 rounds through it with no ejection problems. The reason Im having the ejection port lowered/flared is this gun will be an alternate to my other duty gun which is the regular Mil Spec. I fell this gives it just a little more dependability. I might be wrong but thats how I feel. I had the same "package" done on my regular Mil Spec a few years back. The regular Mil Spec allready has the lowered/flared ejection port.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.