1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an alum. framed Kimber Compact. Metcalg did an endurance test with this type of gun and used the Cominolli Frame Saver. It is $35 and uses two buffers, one between the recoil spring and guide rod base and one between the guide rod base and frame. Do any of you use, of have you tried this system? What do you think about it? Metcalf liked it, but I haven't seen much he hasn't liked. Also, why doesn't Wolff recommend buffers with their springs?

tjg

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a Framesaver on my STI IPSC gun and have been very pleased with it. Good quality, etc. plus I like the idea of having two cushions instead of one. Mine is the tungsten version but I am sure the quality is similar between models.

As to why Wolff doesn't recommend shok buffers, I have no idea. I've been using shokbuffs and Wolff springs together for quite some time with no ill results.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I just put one in a Baer SRP 45 cal. and it seems to be fine. Only shot about 100 rounds with it in the gun. It does seem to somewhat deaden the recoil a bit.I think it should work just fine.

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Originally posted by pinetree:
Also, why doesn't Wolff recommend buffers with their springs?

tjg
I believe they are not recommended simply because Wolff does not want people thinking that their product is inferior because of improper functioning due to a shock-buff, not their spring. Please note - if shok-buff runs in your gun reliably, then it will still work just as well with a Wolff spring. I use and believe in shok-buffs (and Wolff springs), but a lot of people who had shok-buffs already and had reliability issues, thought that spring change would help the problem. It won't - and Wolff doesn't want you thinking that springs are a cure for improper functioning due to shok buffs.

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,065 Posts
I have a Frame Saver in my Delta Elite. The original set of buffers is still in good shape after 1000 rounds. I've had no stoppages or malfunctions of any kind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts