1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently found a used near mint condition ORM Commander for $475. I was wondering if you find the ORM's to be as accurate as the NRM's out of the box? I have a stainless Government Model that's very accurate, but I don't have any experience with the older models. Thanks for any help.

·
Administrator
79,271 Posts
In my experience every 1911 is a law unto itself regarding accuracy. There's nothing to indicate that NRM Colts are any more accurate than ORM models, on average. The most accurate Colt I have ever fired is an extremely sloppy old Series 80 Government, which just goes to show that "tight" doesn't always equal "accurate".

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
ColtBRH

At $475 I would be willing to give the pistol a run for the money, particularly if the ORM pistol has the new dimpled barrel throat. Colt produced a short run of ORM Commanders with the new barrel before they switched to the NRM and the polished blue finish. I have one of these pistols and it is very accurate out of the box as its barrel to slide fit and lock up were consistant from the start. Though depending on the age of the pistol there might be some variability in this respect, as DSK mentioned, and in the trigger pull which can effect the accuracy of the shooter.

I hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.