1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents, I've owned a custom Colt Officers, another custom with a Commander slide on an officers frame, two Ltwt Commanders(one SS, one Blue) and a couple full size guns(Les Baer and Springfield). Not to mention all the .45's that were "issued" to me over the years.
My hands down favorite is my Stainless Combat Commander.
In fact I just delivered it today for upgrading all internals, high grip mod/checkering. It already has all the other bells and whistles.
It's reliable, fits, and is in a suitable defensive caliber...that's all one really needs.

Wes

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Wes I have to agree with you on the Commander. It has got to be the best all around size going. I quite looking at GM's as a daily carry gun a long time ago. But, I'll have to say my Defender sure is something to work with.

------------------
No man is above the law and no man is below it. Nor do we ask any mans permission when we require him to obey it.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Sounds like you have pretty good taste in 45's Wes. I'll third that the various Commanders are excellent guns. Some people say that the Commanders are not small enough to justify getting over the Gov't model, but they actually balance better in my hand for faster shooting. Personally, the lightweight is my favorite.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by col132:
Sounds like you have pretty good taste in 45's Wes. I'll third that the various Commanders are excellent guns. Some people say that the Commanders are not small enough to justify getting over the Gov't model, but they actually balance better in my hand for faster shooting. Personally, the lightweight is my favorite.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like you have pretty good taste in 45's Wes.

Hope so, after 42 years of shooting them! Carried professionally for 25 of that! They look nice, function 100% or I don't carry them. Some stock guns will do that, but not many. Besides, I have certain tastes in sights, etc. most factories will not accomodate.

Wes

[This message has been edited by Wes Howe (edited 11-18-2001).]

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like you have pretty good taste in 45's Wes.

Hope so after 42 years of shooting them! Carried professionally for 25 of that! The look nice, function 100% of I don't carry them. Some stock guns will do that, but not many. Besides, I have certain tastes in sights, etc. most factories will not accomodate.

Wes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts