1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get a Wilson Commander Size 1911, which one? Will be for duty carry (reserve PD) and CCW carry. Ideas? Thinking CQB without the ambi safety, all black.

G

·
PERSONALLY I'd look into the Stealth (SDS). I have a Stealth Lightweight (alloy frame) and it is an awesome shooter and carry pistol. Lately I went to a Colt New Agent as my daily carry since it is a little shorter and a little easier to conceal... and not nearly as expensive if it were to be taken by the Police as "evidence" in the unlikely event it might have to be used in self defense, and I don't have to be so concerned about messing it up in daily use/abuse.

·
Banned
1,713 Posts
Any Wilson 1911 would serve you well but the most reliable of any 1911 pattern auto will be in 5" models and it will max the ballistics which I believe is important in JHP loads. Might want to think about a magwell, too it dramatically increases reload time.

A while ago, I saw a Lightweight Professional and have been daydreaming on it for a while. It would also be a good CCW or duty gun. Certainly will be lighter and with the heavy barrels they come with, the recoil will be quite manageable.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
ColtLover said:
Any Wilson 1911 would serve you well but the most reliable of any 1911 pattern auto will be in 5" models and it will max the ballistics which I believe is important in JHP loads. Might want to think about a magwell, too it dramatically increases reload time.
Personally, I'd rather DECREASE my reload time in case I'm in a gunfight and need more bullets in my gun.:scratch:

·
Registered
582 Posts
I like Commander sized pistols

and my favorite carry is a lightly modified Colt with Wilson parts. I've done some reading on the SDS and am greatly interested myself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts