1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the courthouse yard today.I could not believe that all of it was caught on tape,talk about tons of stuff to discuss(i will just read what some experts write about it).I will say,i have never been in that situation,hope to never be in iy either,but i was telling my wife,the guy(victim)done an amzing job of moving away from fired rounds,even tho he was hit more than once.I am simply in awe of this whole ordeal.Thankfully ,at news time the Gentleman was in stable condition.WOW is all i can say.

·
Registered
11,105 Posts
That lawyer is lucky his attacker was mentally incapacitated. It could have gone very badly for him if that guy hadnt played around with the little dodge around the tree game.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mr Dove...

...i first saw it on my local news at 10 CST,then i needed to see it again to clarify if my eyes and ears decieved me,they seem to show it at the top of each hour on CNN and Foxnews.One thing i noticed,not only was it taped from the 1st view i saw of it,but another view from almost 180 degrees has now surfaced.It happened in the Courtyard of the Building that is housing the Rob. Blake trial,but reporters are saying it was a completely different lawer/client problem.It still shocks me,there were at least 40-50 people within 30 yards of the attack,well,there are so many things that happened,could have happened and were prevented from happening.I know i must be rambling,but believe me,if you see it more than once,you will have a difficult time taking it all in.There are a couple of heroes that have emerged from the incident.On a later report,it was said that the attacker Did possess a second firearm,he just didnt get to use it.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Wolf among the sheep

And now we see how an unarmed public must live..

They don't know what to do, and have no means to protect themselves.

Ah but that's civilization for you... They are unarmed, unprotected, but so intellectually superior.......................Be afraid gunowners, be very afraid!!!:rolleyes:

Rest assured Kalifornia will be passing a volley of new laws to protect themselves from you.

I'm a betting we will be seeing that clip for months and months to come. The anti gunners will plaster that all over the world as their new battle flag.:hrm:

·
Super Moderator
13,411 Posts
Credit the lawyer's survival to the tree, luck, poor shooting. I think the lawyer did really well in putting the tree between him and his attacker. Now that's what I call the OODA loop. :) The attacker was "point shooting from the hip" at less than 3 feet. I have heard a story relayed by Jim Cirillo to his students that a bank robbery victim was "saved" by acting similar to this lawyer, the victim crouched and ran around a check counter making the robber chase him around, eventually the robber left him. Another incident was when a police officer was about to be "executed" by a perp, the officer kept putting his open palm in front of the bad guy's muzzle blocking it. The perp kept moving the gun and the cop kept following the muzzle with his palm.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
another twist

Why is it that most people caught in that scenario,unless i missed it,How come no bystanders were Trying to protect themselves by fleeing the seen?Was it Shock and Fear that held them to their ground,or was it smart to just "silently/calmly exist,hoping BG went away.What are some possible reasons for the lack of "running away",a Great example was the person on the payphone.

·
Registered
11,105 Posts
Ricky T said:
Credit the lawyer's survival to the tree, luck, poor shooting. I think the lawyer did really well in putting the tree between him and his attacker. Now that's what I call the OODA loop. :) The attacker was "point shooting from the hip" at less than 3 feet. I have heard a story relayed by Jim Cirillo to his students that a bank robbery victim was "saved" by acting similar to this lawyer, the victim crouched and ran around a check counter making the robber chase him around, eventually the robber left him. Another incident was when a police officer was about to be "executed" by a perp, the officer kept putting his open palm in front of the bad guy's muzzle blocking it. The perp kept moving the gun and the cop kept following the muzzle with his palm.
LOL. A couple more geniuses.

:)

This lawyer is lucky the guy didnt just step around the tree, physically grab him and put the muzzle on him. That and lucky he just couldnt shoot worth a damn.

I hear the lawyer is in "Good" condition which means he should be just fine.

·
Registered
953 Posts
If the guy shot a tree in Kalifornia, then I reckon the Environmental Liberation Front and Green Peace will get involved also.:rolleyes: Lets hope no squirrels were hit or we'll have to hear from peta too. How can the sheeple continue to live so helplessly?

·
Registered
745 Posts
I couldn't believe the number of reporters just standing there doing nothing! The guy went a few hundred feet before he was tackled! The press just blows my mind sometimes! Also as hard a time as the shooter was having trying to hit him around a very small tree, I think if the lawyer had just run he probably wouldn't have been hit at all. A little more distance may have made a big difference. I mean looking at him I don't think the gunman was gonna chase anybody down!! :D

Hershey

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
It was interesting to watch. What surprised me was the lady on the phone in the orange shorts in the back ground. She started to leave the phone booth several times but kept coming back. Was she trying to dial 911 or what? And there was a lot of reporters there just filming all they could get. Other then the one that actually signaled some people to who was the guy that did the shooting, no one did a damn thing.

Yep, nice to see the gun laws are working well.

Stacey

·
Registered
11,105 Posts
Warhorse545 said:
Yep, nice to see the gun laws are working well.
Thats how I know there is something sinister behind Gun Control. If crime or safety was the real reasoning behind it they would have noticed that it NEVER works long ago.

It has worked the way its intended in places like Russia, Germany, China, Cambodia, etc.

·
Registered
270 Posts
IMO Possibly the reason for the publics non reaction was that it was Halloween...possibly they thought it was a "staged" event?

Again IMO it would always be better to err on the side of caution and either take cover, remove yourself from the area or attack (if you're prepared and in a position to do so)...I wouldn't want to wait for them to get done and come to me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.