1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to get opinions on taurus model 911 chambered in 9mm.
I have heard several good things about this maunfacturer. and I am trying to find a reasonably priced for my daily carry, also if anyone has any other recommendations on daily carry. Any info would be appreciated!

·
Registered
15,319 Posts
trusting one's life.....

1) S&W 1911

2) Kimber 1911

3) Springfield Armory 1911

4) Ed Brown / Wilson / Rock River / Baer / Nighthawk / custom 1911

You'll notice Taurus is not on my list of 1911-style guns I'm willing to or actually trust my life to......

Actual? One custom Caspian 45ACP 1911, and one each 9x19, 40 S&W, and 45ACP Springfield 1911s (but the 45 is not yet done).
And in all fairness to Taurus, my back-up 'always' is a PT22.

·
Registered
15,319 Posts
the one I love (reasonably priced love)

shotokan99 said:
I am trying to get opinions on taurus model 911 chambered in 9mm.
I have heard several good things about this maunfacturer. and I am trying to find a reasonably priced for my daily carry, also if anyone has any other recommendations on daily carry. Any info would be appreciated!

I AM assuming you meant 1911.

I reallyreally like my Springfield 9x19.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
WESHOOT2 said:
1) S&W 1911

2) Kimber 1911

3) Springfield Armory 1911

4) Ed Brown / Wilson / Rock River / Baer / Nighthawk / custom 1911

You'll notice Taurus is not on my list of 1911-style guns I'm willing to or actually trust my life to......

Actual? One custom Caspian 45ACP 1911, and one each 9x19, 40 S&W, and 45ACP Springfield 1911s (but the 45 is not yet done).
And in all fairness to Taurus, my back-up 'always' is a PT22.

I notice you don't trust Colt either. Trust a Colt lot more than a Kimber.
Heck I trust a Taurus more than my kimber.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I had the chance to finger a few of the Taurus 1911 style guns a few weeks back. Based on price point I was impressed. The guns are a heck of a lot nicer than a Dan Wesson and seem to be put together better as well. if I only had 600 bucks to spend and had to have a 1911 the Taurus would be a good choice. I will be interested to see how they hold up over a few thousand rounds and how reliable they are.

·
Registered
15,319 Posts
Hmmm....Colt

Saw ONE once at an IPSC match (an old hand-me-down gun, and no, it wasn't reliable LOL).
Shot friend's all-custom Colt carry piece (why I tried NP3).
None of our local gunshops carry them (disgusted potential customers ordering one, yet when it arrived it would be in unacceptable condition -- repeatedly).

That said, I have HEARD they make a decent gun, but am still waiting to actually see/touch/test one.

I notice a number of LE organizations trust Kimber :scratch:

And as to original query, did you say "S&W 3913"?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
From what I have seen and those I have handled and worked on, the Taurus handguns are just fine for their price-point; I just prefer other manufacturers at that level with Colt being first...

·
Administrator
13,316 Posts
shotokan99 said:
sorry for the confussion..its not a 1911 rather its pt 911b chambered on 9mm. here is the product link:

http://www.taurususa.com/products/product-details.cfm?id=343&category=Pistol
They shoot fine . Taurus is at an affordable price point . However , the 911/940 series have never been anywhere near as popular as PT92's & PT111's . Not sure why , just the way it is .

Since you asked , I'd definately take a look at S&W's M&P Compact . You should be able to find them at under $500 . Combine that with their $50 rebate and 2 free mags , they are an excellent deal for a well made US pistol .

·
Registered
235 Posts

·
Administrator
13,316 Posts
shotokan99 said:
how is compared to bersa thunder9?
Similar is size/capacity . Bersa comes with 1 mag and 1 yr warranty though . Taurus 2 mags & lifetime .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts