1911Forum banner

Compact CQB or the Professional

1233 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Custom-guy
I have a Wilson Comabat pistol on my wish list. I am a fan of the Commander size 1911A1. the two main reasons are the longer slide and sight radius and the longer grip. I have a Kimber Ultra CDP that I added a magwell too, the extra 1/4 inch inch in grip length changed the fell of th epistol entirely. Looking through the Wilson catalog on the specifications chart the Compact CQB comes with two 8 round magazines. The overall height is 5 1/4 inches. Can someone tell me definitley if the Compact CQB has the Officer size grip? I know this is mostly personal preference but whic pistol would work better for concealed carry? Is there any known issues with either model?
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
543 Posts
The CQB Compact does have the Officers size frame and the Professional has the full size. Top end of the guns are the same with 4.1" barrels. Personal preference on which gun is easier to conceal and I have not heard of any issues relating to these two guns. I prefer the Compact for concealed carry.

· Registered
1,389 Posts
CYA is correct. Plus you can always add an optional blended magwell (speed chute) to the CQB Compact (if the officer frame is a little short for you), or even add an Ed Brown Bobtail™ to the Professional (which makes it great option for concealed carry). I on the other hand carry the discontinued Sentinel, which is about as small in size as it gets.

· Registered
993 Posts
I have an uncatalogued Wilson CQB Compact in hard chrome with a serration package and a speed chute. I've since added Black Paper Micarta grips from VZ Grips but don't have a pic handy . It has an Officer's length grip and the chute adds just enough for me . For CCW , it's the best feeling gun I own of 12 1911s. Buy with confidence if it's right for you...Tom

· Banned
109 Posts
i own the black over gray pro. it's a great pistol!! i've never owned an officer
s model so i can't comment on the two but either way great piece and you will like the heck out of it. bit of caution. if this is your first semi-prod. gun start saving more money b/c i bought the Pro. and know I am ordering a Kobra. Good Luck

· Registered
735 Posts
If you are having to add a magwell to an officer frame to make it feel right like on your UCDP! I would suggest the Professional model. The Professional is on my short list too.

Or why not get both when you can?:p

CG.

· Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the information. As luck would have it one of our gun dealer friends had a new Professional stainless. In fact the factory paper work shows the final inspection date as November 15, 2005, so the pistol is only 11 days old. The appearance, price and feel of it in my hand settled the indecision on whether to get a Compact or the Professional. The slide feels like it is riding on ball bearings. Can't wait to get to the range and run some ammo through it.:rock:

· Registered
735 Posts
Awesome, it was ment to be. :p Please post pic's, range report, and any likes or dislikes when you can. The Professional or the Nighthawk P-II is my next 1911 purchase and I as well can't decide either. I will eventually get both but which one will be first?:scratch:

Oh, and congradulations on your new Wilson! :rock:

CG.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.