1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a full size Protector and love it, but am now looking for a more concealable 1911 for IWB carry (besides, I have been infected by the Wilson "bug" and just want another gun). Others have posted similiar questions, but given the price of these firearms, I am struggling to make a decision.

1. Is the Sentinel too small (I do have small hands) to control?
2. Is the S.D.S. worth the extra money?
3. Does the smaller size of the compact Protector (vs full size) increase comfort and concealability significantly.

Thank you

Alan

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
No, the sentinel is quite easy to control. The additional weight nicely counterbalances the shorter barrel length. Small hands, no problem, the grips are extra thin.

No, the SDS is not worth the extra money, IMO. Wilson says the Sentinel is a 1.5 MOA gun at 25 yards and the SDS is 1 MOA. Depends on how badly you want the additional accuracy. Plus, my dealer gets a much better wholesale price on the assembly line pistols vs. the custom jobs so my cost was nearly 15% below retail vs. 5% for customs. Your dealer could want a bigger piece of the action, IDK.

Don't know about the third question; but the Sentinel is so thin, it's practically invisible. Having owned one, I highly recomment it. I do think you're paying a premium for the brand but c'est la vie.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
traevin,

Many thanks for your insight regarding my next Wilson purchase. One of the problems in choosing a high-end pistol is obtaining first-hand information from someone who has actually used one. This forum is invaluable in that regard.

Alan

·
Super Moderator
1,879 Posts
Alan

You may consider the compact protector with the thin or slim line grips as the "best bang for the money spent" with the three guns you have listed and there is a minimal cost difference for the thin or slimline grips.

Be safe and keep the brass flying

Terry Peters
http://www.pt-partners.com

You get what you pay for front end or back end.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts