1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on the phone this afternnon with S/W about a warranty issue I am having with my 642. In conversation with the S/W rep I asked when the compact 1911 would be out? The rep told me if things stay on schedule it should be out in Feb, with dealers getting them in March. I hope that turns out to be the case!!!

·
Registered
618 Posts
I heard the same thing. I can't wait! Man, March is like a million months away! I feel like a little kid in the back seat screaming "Are we there yet?!" :D

·
Registered
900 Posts
I just read today in G&A that they're planning a scandium-framed lightweight version with a commander-length slide, is that what we're talking about here?

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
That is good news SamColtFan. I hope it is a true Commander lenght slide with a 4 1/4" barrel. To me there is something about 4" barrel 1911s' that just doesn't look right. Maybe it has to do with my age and the Commander was the small 1911 of it's time.

·
Banned
5,947 Posts
The DW's will be 4.25 inches. So my guess is the S&Ws will be 4.25 inches also. (DW gets their slide and frame components from S&W.)

Regards,
Sam

·
Registered
200 Posts
I just hope that they see fit to make it in 9mm (9x19) caliber also. Seeing as how Colt is taking their sweet time in producing a 9mm Commander, maybe S&W and Dan Wesson's entry into the 9mm Commander market will rattle some brains amongst Colt's Management team.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I want Smith to make a TEN MILLIMETER again!:D

Their 1911 would be the perfect platy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts