1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Steve, The AR and GB are similiar sized liner locks. The GB has a tanto blade and the AR is a spearpoint. Of course, there are the "Nightmare" grinds on all three that are awesome! The SNG is a slightly smaller framelock. I don't know what it stands for,

Any help out there????:D :confused: :cool:

·
Banned
967 Posts
The model designations are the initials of people Mick knew who were warriors and are no longer of this earth.

The names of these men are a closely guarded secret at Strider. They don't go about spouting thats why, nor do they like the heat generated by some as to their secrecy.

Mick has his reasons for naming them, he doesn't share the information, and shys away from having to to begin with.

Though never announced by the company, it has come to light through the Strider forum that this is how the model names come to be.

Brownie

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
brownie0486 said:
The model designations are the initials of people Mick knew who were warriors and are no longer of this earth.

Brownie, I don't believe that all the model designations are named after people who are deceased. ;)

But you are certainly correct. Mick and Duane don't make the information as to the nomenclature widely known, and the people who do know what the initials stand for, will typically not tell you out of respect for Strider's wishes.

You can't go wrong with any of the folders that you have mentioned. The AR and GB are tanks and are on the large size, but I find my Nightmare GB to be a frequent EDC regardless. It is not THAT bulky. I find it comforting, in fact.

The SnG is smaller in length and thickness, and makes for a good all-around knife that has big performance in a slightly smaller package.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can't log in to theusualsuspect, for some reason. I've registered and activated, and it lets me log in, but it keeps saying I don't have permission to access. I've emailed, but had no response.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Don't feel bad I've been trying for months they do the same thing to me.I gave up.

Regards,Don

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I have no idea why it takes so long, but the same thing happened to me. Then one day, I just went there, logged in, and voila! geege

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
teninx said:
Don't feel bad I've been trying for months they do the same thing to me.I gave up.

Regards,Don
What a way to run a BB. Good grief. I lost interest in it, too.

Steve

·
Registered
34 Posts
AR,GB,SnG,SMF

Steve,To get back to your thread,I own all but the SMF (it's on the way).When I got the AR I thought wow this thing is huge but after having carried it awhile I really like it .It really feels right in my hand as for the GB it's the same with tanto blade.The SnG while a very nice blade is a little small for my hand.I know the SnG with the frame lock is more reliable and I do like that part but you have to feel good about the blade in your hand the AR/GB does it for me.When the SMF shows up that might change everything,I'll have to wait and see.My EDC is AR in kydex sheath on left side and Emerson Mach I in right front pocket,E2 surefire in right cargo pocket with pepper spray along side it.I also carry Colt combat commander in Milt Sparks SS II right side.I know over kill but it's what I'm comfortable with.The SnG rotates with Mach I.With all the wonderful information available on the forums the loss of one forum isn't that big of a deal,most of the people on one forum are on all the forums so you don't really miss any information.Thanks

Regards,Don

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
The USN software has been a constant upgrade in process for a view months , the bugs were worked out of the beta release and it is working smoothly now. The new layout of the forum just flat out rocks. If anyone has any trouble getting in feel free to email me and I will see what I can do.

I have seen people attempt to register there with racial names as their forum names or other offensive forum names , while the software was being upgraded membership was **** down to new members.

All is back up and rolling 100% again..... hope to see ya over there.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I was wrong!

I have to apologize to all the Usual Suspects.I was wrong about the information available on their net.I've learned more in a few days on the US net than I had the entire time I've been on the other forums.The people involved with US net are truly a class act willing to what ever it takes to help each other out.I'm not going to name anyone in particular because it would without a doubt embarrass them ,and besides from my experience so far their all like that.My thanks go out to all who helped me fix what I screwed up.Thanks

Regards,Don
USN member

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
USN = it's all good. :D
There's a good, knowledgeable bunch there.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Just took delivery of a GB and AR ...having a SnG already.... The AR & GB are just BEEFY...no other way to put it. This is going to be a tuff decision to make..which one to keep AR or SnG ( GB was given away as a gift ) . I should have got a group shot with all 3 but in my excitement I forgot ......

yup , it's starting to feel allot like Christmas :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
AR/GB

I'm looking for a GB to send to Eric for the conversion,if I don't find one I'm going to send my AR instead.I got a Emerson Commander for Christmas and it arrived on Christmas eve.Thanks John!

Regards and Merry Christmas to all,Don

1 - 20 of 24 Posts