1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Unless you live in IL

Living in Illinois is a real bummer. Many times I try to purchase ammo on line but have to call the order in after they have your FOID and DL. While Im trying to purchase ammo it all gets sold out every time.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Good site, I watch it regularly. To get the best deals one should have very fast internet or try calling because most of the better deals are gone within minutes. Prices at .12 cents per round and below for .22LR...poof ..gone. I hope most people will not buy the higher priced ammunition no matter the caliber because buying it only encourages them to keep offering it at ridiculously high prices.

·
Registered
833 Posts
This site was a great resource until it became popular and the prices went even further out of control. Federal JHP 45 acp for $1.42 per round? And it sold out? that's just insane. It is nice to see lots of "in stock" listings on ammo that is way over priced (even for this market).

·
Registered
2 Posts
great site

I buy here regular. You got to set up an account on all the sites you may buy from, cause when its there it goes quick. Usually find something reasonable at least once a day if you stick with it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
This site was a great resource until it became popular and the prices went even further out of control. Federal JHP 45 acp for $1.42 per round? And it sold out? that's just insane. It is nice to see lots of "in stock" listings on ammo that is way over priced (even for this market).
Boy are you correct. Bought 50 federal 230 FMJ for the range for $30.00 total. Good range round. And it will still hurt

·
Premium Member
3,615 Posts
Boy are you correct. Bought 50 federal 230 FMJ for the range for $30.00 total. Good range round. And it will still hurt
That is not deal. I used gunbot to find 50-rd TNJ 9mm at Cabelas yesterday for $13.99. Walmarts around here have Tula and WWB of .45 for around $22 or so.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I just created an account and set prices for 45 acp, 38 special, 357 magnum, and 22 lr.

The only list I get back is for 17.

That doesn't help much!

·
Premium Member
3,615 Posts
I just created an account and set prices for 45 acp, 38 special, 357 magnum, and 22 lr.

The only list I get back is for 17.

That doesn't help much!
You don't need an account to use it. Doing a real-time search on their site may yield better results. That 9mm, .40, and .45 link is still on there from Cabelas.

·
Registered
106 Posts
That is not deal. I used gunbot to find 50-rd TNJ 9mm at Cabelas yesterday for $13.99. Walmarts around here have Tula and WWB of .45 for around $22 or so.
Walmart in socal does not have these deals except for the Lancaster location which has 100 round fed.FMJ for $39.00 which I may drive out there to buy. And $30.00 online is a hell of a deal.(remember S&H for ammo)

·
Premium Member
3,615 Posts
Walmart in socal does not have these deals except for the Lancaster location which has 100 round fed.FMJ for $39.00 which I may drive out there to buy. And $30.00 online is a hell of a deal.(remember S&H for ammo)
$30 for 50 rounds? I don't think that is a "hell of a deal." Also keeping in mind the more you buy online, the less shipping factors into the price per round. Some places charge a $18 minimum shipping charge no matter what. Others are friendlier. I personally would have to be hard up to pay $0.60/rd for .45 range ammo.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts