1911Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me where I could find concealment rigs for the single action army (peacemaker) pistols? (vaquero, in particular) Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
An SA wheelgun for concealment? Sheesh. You're probably gonna have to have one custom made. Not much of a demand there.

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
Flip open the loading gate and stuff it in yer jeans. The LG acts like a Hip Grip (TM).

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
MOLON LABE
Leonidas c 480 BC
FFF

·
Registered
645 Posts
Berger -

I do a lot of Cowboy Action Shooting and would suggest a "Huckleberry" rig like the one Doc Holiday wore. There are quite a few makers of them but the best of the best is made by Big Ed Douglas @ San Pedro Sadelry in Toombstone, AZ. Give him a holler, I know he can come up with anything you want. He does custom work at great prices.

MadDog

·
Registered
285 Posts
Give my Boss a call , he has built some of these for some Texas Lawmen before . 417-277-5636 ask for Steve .

------------------
S.L. Caldwell
Faithful Employee at :
Rafter S Gunleather 417-277-5636
www.raftersgunleather.com

·
Registered
303 Posts
I personally carry a 4 3/4" SAA .357 in a Bianchi #3S Pistol Pocket originally made for a 4" S&W K-frame. It fits perfectly and is most comfortable to carry this way.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maddog, is that the style that has a strap that goes diagonally across the chest? If so, I have one of these, and the strap is a giveaway.

·
Registered
38 Posts
El Paso Saddlery offers a small selection of concealment holsters for the SA. Don't remember the web address. Try sixguns.com and go to the links.

------------------

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JAFO216 said:
Give my Boss a call , he has built some of these for some Texas Lawmen before . 417-277-5636 ask for Steve .
You're boss doesn't know what you are talking about. :D

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
BERGER,

Have you tried just sticking the barrel inside your pants? I've carried my Single Six with 5 1/2" barrel that way and with the belt tight it stays in place pretty well. It worked pretty well for McCloud too. :) Stay safe, Gary

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, Gary I've tried it, and I didn't find it very secure at all. I'm a LEO, and one of my big concerns is if I happen to get into a scuffle with someone off duty, trying to make an arrest, I don't want the weapon flipping out in the middle of the fight.
Also, I just really like nice leather gear. :D

·
Registered
3,082 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the cool site, but what I'm really looking for is an IWB. (kindof hybrid between today meets yesterday) :D
Anyway, I found a Don Hume IWB for a S&W revolver that fits. I've got one on order.

·
Registered
174 Posts
SAA Concealment rig

Berger,
I have made concealment rigs for Colt SAA previously (though few and far between). All have been pancake style belt scabbards or
"Avenger-style"/Nelson Proffesional type OWB holsters. I'm sure I could do something along IWB lines if you can live with a cylinder that large in your waistband.
E-mail me at : [email protected]
Safe shooting,
Mark Garrity
Garrity's Gunleather

·
Registered
127 Posts
Big ankle-length leather slicker will do it. That way you can carry the 30-30 as well!

Seriously, good guns. Almost picked up a Bisley Vaquero couple of years ago at a good price. Shoulda. Still might. Envy you.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I've often thought about an SAA IWB.... just for the coolness of it.... but it makes for such a disadvantage compared to a more modern arm (say, 1873 + at least 38 years:D ). Still, if Mark comes ujp with something really useable I just might have to have one. Please let me know what you find.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts