1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, does anyone buy Concealed Carry Insurance?
I should get my CCW by the end of the year and am thinking about buying CCW Safe.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
There are various options, depending on what state you are in. There is a popular one here in Texas. However, I have never purchased such a plan...

I am in court several times a month because of work (5-6 times a month, on average), sometimes all day long... For years now. I see tons of attorneys do their thing in a mixture of civil and criminal stuff all day long... Most of them I would never personally hire. There are a few that I see that are good. But, I would want to pick my lawyer... Not who they give me because of that service.

Hopefully, I never need a lawyer in such a situation. But after seeing so many attorneys, there is a wide gambit in performance. I could do a better job than a few of the attorneys I see sometimes...

·
Banned
817 Posts
I purchased a rider on my Home Owners Insurance which is cheaper than any other provider I found. I am amazed at the number of people who carry who are unaware of the civil and criminal aspects of CCW and God forbid you have to shoot someone. Even if the shooting was justifiable you still have to defend yourself in court which can cost big dollars. Good topic and it will be interesting to read the comments.
Bill

·
Registered
154 Posts
Just hyena's trying to scare you into some business. When's the last time you shot someone, when's the last time anyone you know shot someone? For some fact, has anyone here ever shot someone? There's always somebody trying to get fat on a very, very high odds event. I've been walking this earth for 23,725 days and haven't shot anyone yet. I'll take my chances.

Pops

·
Registered
35 Posts
I figure the odds of needing a gun and the odds of needing legal protection for using a gun are pretty much the same so I have both. I use both Second Call Defense (wife doesn't have her permit yet) and CCW Safe. They are cheap enough and different enough to complement each other.

I have umbrella insurance also that I bought for other reasons but my bank told me that it will cover civil lawsuits if I am was not found guilty of any crimes.

Even the outcome of a justified shoot can be more than what is acceptable to me, the price is worth peace of mind when I am carrying.

·
Registered
14,940 Posts
I don't really see the point in my carrying so-called "concealed carry" insurance. I'm not planning on needing to defend any actions that I might take while carrying concealed. :cool:

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I don't really see the point in my carrying so-called "concealed carry" insurance. I'm not planning on needing to defend any actions that I might take while carrying concealed. :cool:
Well Walter GC, YOU may not plan on needing to defend any actions you take, but life has a strange way of interfering. You may do everything correctly and still find yourself in criminal court, almost surely you will find yourself in civil court and depending on the situation maybe even federal criminal or civil court. Proceed at your own risk.

·
Banned
817 Posts
I carry professional liability insurance that offers an LEOSA rider.

Peace of mind,

Fin
My insurance gave a discount for having a LEOSA permit. I also have professional liability insurance with the same company.
Bill

·
Premium Member
6,023 Posts
My insurance gave a discount for having a LEOSA permit. I also have professional liability insurance with the same company.
Bill
The LEOSA rider was simply a bonus for me. I really signed up for the main liability insurance for protection against some of our most "litigious clients".

Fin

·
Registered
736 Posts
My insurance for ccw is that if I get sued for a justifiable shooting, I will just shoot the "persecuting" attorney as well.

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
I hope that works for you. However, the person you shoot or their family might not have gotten your memo on this. :cool:

·
Registered
164 Posts
for 25 bucks a year, doesnt NRA offer $10,000 in legal fees? - if you were involved in gun related matters

·
Registered
487 Posts
for 25 bucks a year, doesnt NRA offer $10,000 in legal fees? - if you were involved in gun related matters

Most legal costs are in the order of $250K in the case of firearm related defense of one's actions. Your $10K from the NRA insurance won't amount to squat.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
So, does anyone buy Concealed Carry Insurance?
I should get my CCW by the end of the year and am thinking about buying CCW Safe.
To directly answer your question, I did purchase CCWSafe for me and my wife. Better safe than sorry, Just having access to expert witnesses would make it worth the price.

·
Banned
13,564 Posts
Most legal costs are in the order of $250K in the case of firearm related defense of one's actions. .
87% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts