1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need advice on maximum concealment holster for colt cco. spend most of the day sitting, either in my office or in my car. company has no weapons policy. can't afford to be made. dress shirt & tie always, sport coat sometimes (sales job). any & all suggestions greatly appreciated. thx in advance!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Try the Ky-tak Braveheart.

This IWB holster is great for driving and all manner of activity. The gun draws fast and the holster will not close when the gun is out.

SKDTAC.com

Joe at this website is really nice to deal with. I've been able to carry a full size Colt 10mm in it with no trouble.

Congradulations on finding a CCO- wish I had bought one when they were available.

------------------
NRA, USPSA, IDPA and MCRGO member
http://www.ehhs.cmich.edu/~bchamber/10mm.html

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Well...

A Braveheart is a nice rig, but you'll be made, the belt loops don't hide real well.

My personal favorite is the Sparks VM2, things disappear around that rig, and the comfort is hard to beat.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Mr. Z, for deep concealment have you looked at thunderware or Smartcarry? I use a Smart Carry for my carry weapon and have yet to be spoted execpt by my wife when she gives me a hug (or my kids when they run into me to give me a hug).
Seth

------------------
Philippians 4:8-9 Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; …think on these things.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Just remember, if a company has a no gun policy, you could lose your CCW pretty quickly if made.....if your lot is safe, you may want to leave it in the car....

·
Registered
55 Posts
Check out: http://www.action-direct.com/defender.htm
I've been carrying a full size Double Eagle with spare magazine wearing slacks and a tucked in dark or black, medium to heavy weight, polo shirt. I have not been "made" by anyone, even family, yet.
I carry strong side (right) just behind the hip with the grip just above the belt line as any low profile IWB holster. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't done it. YMMV.
I got this rig for a PPK as an alternative to Thunderware, which I also have, and tried it with the big colt as an experiment.
This is working so well I feel I don't have to compromise with a mouse gun anymore.

I'm still considering a Colt Defender or CCO because of weight, the smaller grip and the slimness possible with thin grips. As $$ allow.

·
Registered
72 Posts
P7 may be right in his locality regarding your ccw, but in Texas you will not lose your ccw. You can be fired if you violate your company's no carry policy, but you will not have broken the law. Study your local laws regarding places forbidden to carry. An example in Texas would be: schools of any level and events sponsored by(private or public), govt. offices (including postal), bars or restraunts making more than 50% from the consumption of alcoholic bevs, or businesses with specifically posted 30.06 code signs, etc. etc. If your oxford shirts are suitably opaque, and not to snug at the waist, you should have admirable success with a Shirt-Tucker from Comp-Tac. You still have to be carefull to bend at the knees, not at the waist if you want to pick something up and not print. www.comp-tac.com

[This message has been edited by ~/|ristotle (edited 10-22-2001).]

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
TRy Galco. They have an IWB that's made specifically for shirt and tie type of wear with no jacket. Hope this helps.

------------------
"Double-action in an auto pistol seems to me an ingenious solution to a non-existent problem." -Jeff Cooper G&A mag Oct. 1973

·
Registered
560 Posts
Have you thought about ankle holster , Alessi makes a great rig as well as Kenn Null.
You will be better off buying a quality holster from the get go.

For IWB Milt Sparks VM-II is the best IMHO.

If you are sitting or driving all day the ankle holster also is very accesible and wont poke your back.
I got two Alessi ankle holsters and they are very confortable while driving.

Good luck

[This message has been edited by CMC (edited 10-23-2001).]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts