1911Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first got my carry permit a while back, I shelled out the cash for a Colt Defender, and still love it to this day. After trying a rather bulky Bianchi 3S holster, I switched to a more simpler clip on, suede leather design thats thin. The rubber grips dont aid in hiding it I know, but Im curious if theres any better rigs that you use, for the officer's size, as well as gov't size, as I have a new kimber to hide too. In the winter when its cool I wear a leather jacket that covers things up, but in the summer, it gets, well, hot as Bill Clintons pants,lol. send me some links too if possible.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Take a look at the Alessi Hard Shell Talon for a good IWB holster.

It conceals nicely, stays put when gun is drawn and stays open when the gun is drawn. The clip is designed for clipping on waistband, so required no pants belt. Thumb safety is covered, so no body movement can switch the thumb safety to fire position.

I have one for Para P12 and just ordered a Commander-sized one for Springfield Champion.

Price is $45+shipping from www.rfholsters.com.

·
Registered
614 Posts
If you've considered kydex, check out www.comp-tac.com. The holsters are superb. I've got quite a few kydex rigs and none are formed or finished as well as what Gregg puts out. The service is amazing as well; I ordered a holster on a Monday and received it on the Thursday of the same week!

Kydex holsters are very thin and rigid, two of the most important things to me when it comes to concealment.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Check out the Milt Sparks VM-2. The difference in concealability between the VM-2 and a cheap clip-on IWB holster is like night and day.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Do the Wild Bills Concealment from above. You won't be disappointed, but be prepared for a wait.

------------------
Simian

NRA Life Member

·
Registered
121 Posts
I bought my Charles Daly ECS (comparable in size to the Colt Officer's Model) back in April. I use three different holsters, depending on my attire, and the occasion. The Bianchi 3S Pistol Pocket (yes, its bulky), the Law Concealment Systems Holster (its bulky too, but works well worn small of the back style), and the holster I carry in most often is a cheap, run of the mill Galco clip holster with the thumb break. It works particularly well for me, notice I said me.......it might not be the answer for others. But given the choice of having to have just one holster........I'd pick the Law Concealment System. Its versatile, can be worn SOB, cross draw, strong side, and the pistol can be positioned in a straight vertical (oxymoron, I know) position, or a forward cant.

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Go to the "Welcome" page, click on "links", look at teh top of the page for "Our extensive holster maker list" or words to that effect.. There should be a buncha links to holster makers.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
MOLON LABE
Leonidas c 480 BC

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hey I know these really swell folks who build top notch gear out of leather . they are really nice stuff and we now are offering an IWB style called the Summer Companion .

------------------
S.L. Caldwell
Leathercrafter
Rafter S Gunleather 417-277-5636
WWW.raftersgunleather.com

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, seen alot of good potential, which ones work good on a guy of tall slim build?

·
Registered
201 Posts
How about a tall slim redhead ????

------------------
Anyone who isn't a paranoid schizophrenic now-a-days, just isn't thinking clearly!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Greg,

One of my shooting buddies is built like a sick green bean. He has a Milt Sparks IWB holster (I believe it's the Executive Companion. A Versa Max II would work well, too). It conceals well and is high quality.

Billy Ray

·
Registered
696 Posts
Get a Milt Sparks Summer Special.Why do You think they call it that? They are just the ticket for under a loose fitting shirt.Kydex against Your skin will draw out the sweat.Leather much less so.I'm sure Tony still makes them as good as the original I've had for 18 or so years.tom.

------------------
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER

·
Registered
560 Posts
If you want a thin holster the best is the Milt sparks or Alessi Watch six dual Talon or with the leather loops. This is a horsehide holster for a reasonable price and top quality.

·
Registered
41 Posts
FWIW, I owned a PO P12-45 and carried it in a Kytac Braveheart IWB holster with Hogue rubber wraparound grips.As you know, PO's have wide grips and it was even wider with the Hogues.It was very comfortable though.I carried it all through the summer and had no printing problems.I think the key was that most holsters have the belt straps on top of the gun and the Braveheart has them on each side minimizing it's profile.Here are a couple of links: http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/kytac/index.html?mtbrand=AOL_US

I bought mine from
www.skdtac.com

·
Registered
129 Posts
Another vote for Wild Bill's Concealment Holsters. Although, I particularly like Milt Spark's Executive Companion IWB for concealing a full size Government model. Take care.

------------------
"Quid hoc ad aeternitatem?"

1 - 17 of 17 Posts