1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, from reading every post on Service Grade Protectors, it seems they stopped marking Service grade in the late 90's...I contacted Wilson and all they could advise on mine was it shipped out Dec of 2004 and it's a Wilson slide and frame. Ive since lost the build sheet, any
ideas on this build?
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,519 Posts
I don't know a damn thing about Wilson or the 'Protector' but that is the pistol I've been looking for. I modified a Taurus to be very similar, but its still a Taurus - I want to get one premium 1911 to enjoy for a few years. Guess I'll look for one of those.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know a damn thing about Wilson or the 'Protector' but that is the pistol I've been looking for. I modified a Taurus to be very similar, but its still a Taurus - I want to get one premium 1911 to enjoy for a few years. Guess I'll look for one of those.
She is my baby..When I became semi retired I didn't have to carry the plastic pistols anymore so I went back to the first duty weapon I carried...yea I said heck with it...best decision I ever made, next to my wife. LOL ;)

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
That pistol looks brand new.....and it's from 2004.

Wow. You've taken excellent care of it.

Do you have any estimation of the round count on the weapon ???

·
Registered
64 Posts
My Wilson Protector number WCOO1759 was made 12/11/1998. This is what I was told years ago when I got it from Dad. No idea of round count.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That pistol looks brand new.....and it's from 2004.

Wow. You've taken excellent care of it.

Do you have any estimation of the round count on the weapon ???
Hey Dub, thanks brother, she kinda became a safe queen when the agency I worked for decided to go to plastic fantastics. Not sure on the round count, but wasn't much... she's outta the safe and one of my edc..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts