1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a bit confused over the lableing of the Wilson Hammers, on the website and 2001 catalog. The #337 Skeletonized Ultralight Hammer can be purchased as Blue or Stainless (#337S), but the pictured hammer appears to be duotone (blued with stainless sides)
So is that the blued one?
I want the stainless version, but want it all stainless without blued accents.

Can anyone clear this up for me? I'm in the process of having my .45 rebuilt with all Wilson parts and don't want the 'smith to order the wrong parts.

David

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Stainless does not blue, so the hammer in question must not be stainless.

In their 2001 catalog on the same page, page 56, you will see the #299 hammers. One is stainless and one has some blue. Based on that example, the #337 shown is not the stainless hammer.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
What kind of .45 and who's doing the work? What mods. are you having done? (BTW, did you happen to look over the custom gun work order/price form on Wilson's webpage or in their catalogue? Their reliability package is a steal.)

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a 1991A-1 Colt Commander.
Having the following parts installed by D.R. Middlebrooks of Tactical Shooting Academy (www.tacticalshooting.com):
all parts are Wilson
Dehorn/carry bevel, hi-rise beavertail safety, stainless bushing, stainless ultralight hammer w/ A2 sear, new combat fixed sights, refinish in Matte blue (bead blasted), combat triger job.
I already have Wilson's ebony grips and tactical ambi safety , also #1 Match trigger.
Price just under 600.00 for all the work including some other minor work thrown in at no charge.

I would have mailed to gun to Wilson's but found D.R. Middebrooks lived very close by and prefered that to mailing. I hear his work is top notch stuff. On the Colt forum we've been discussing him along with some pics of his work.

David

1 - 5 of 5 Posts