1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I am looking for a light weight commander size carry 1911.
I saw and handled a Guardian today. I am seriously considering it.
Any feedback, suggestions, words of wisdom, etc? ;)
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Buy it!!! You will be happy you did they are a excellent lightweight commander and a excellent value...
Ditto!!!

Pretty much you can take to the bank any thing WilsonedBrown tells you...

·
Registered
195 Posts
Check out my review of the CCO, it will help you make up your mind.

I've had problems buying 1911's and then relying on a gunsmith to make it better. The CCO is my first Dan Wesson, but if the Guardian is anything like it you won't be needing a gunsmith or "upgrades".

I'm going to sell a couple of my other 1911's and buy another Dan Wesson.
Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Yesterday was the first time I had a DW in my hand. I was impressed by the quality. After only a few minutes, I chose the Guardian as my first DW but there will probably be additional models later.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I love my Guardian in 38 super! She's a joy to carry!

Take the ol' girl home, no disappointments...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Guardian

Doctor V, I recently purchased a Guardian and love it. Great value and a super shooter. It fits the collection nicely. If it's used and at a good price point it won't last long. Just where did you see this Guardian?

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
I have one in 9mm and like it, super soft shooter. I am a fan of lightweight carry models, though I do still carry steel ones as well, depending on my mood and how much my back has been bothering me. I don't love the smooth msh, or the slim grips, but that is a subjective thing, no doubt some love them. It will probably shoot a bit high, if that bothers you, you can send it back and they will put a different front sight on it to take care of that for you. It's all up to what you want, semi customs are a bit nicer generally, some production pistols are cheaper. The DW sits sort of alone in the middle as far as better finish and hand fitting putting it above the production stuff but not as spendy as the big boys.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I have one in 9mm and like it, super soft shooter. I am a fan of lightweight carry models, though I do still carry steel ones as well, depending on my mood and how much my back has been bothering me. I don't love the smooth msh, or the slim grips, but that is a subjective thing, no doubt some love them. It will probably shoot a bit high, if that bothers you, you can send it back and they will put a different front sight on it to take care of that for you. It's all up to what you want, semi customs are a bit nicer generally, some production pistols are cheaper. The DW sits sort of alone in the middle as far as better finish and hand fitting putting it above the production stuff but not as spendy as the big boys.
I also do not like the smooth MSH and thin grips so I replaced them with an EB checkered MSH and full thickness G10 grips.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Doctor V, I recently purchased a Guardian and love it. Great value and a super shooter. It fits the collection nicely. If it's used and at a good price point it won't last long. Just where did you see this Guardian?
It's not used. Brand new, and at 1500. :)

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
$1500 is on the high side for the Guardian. Then you have to also pay tax on it.

The LGS I bought my V-bob from charges close to what Buds charges for DW's. They have the 3 Guardians at $1390/$1395/$1405.

Buds has them between $1334 - $1389.

Perhaps they will work with you on the price or perhaps another store has some or can get one from Davidson's within a day or two for less.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Guardian

DoctorV, $1,500 is high. I paid $1,373 through Bud's. No Tax or shipping. Had to pay $30 for FFL transfer. S0 $1,400 out the door. Shop around

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
DoctorV, $1,500 is high. I paid $1,373 through Bud's. No Tax or shipping. Had to pay $30 for FFL transfer. S0 $1,400 out the door. Shop around
Yes I can see it now. You are right.
I found it cheaper already. I guess I will take my time and look around.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Love my 9mm Guardian... and probably love my grips even more...

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Yesterday was the first time I had a DW in my hand. I was impressed by the quality. After only a few minutes, I chose the Guardian as my first DW but there will probably be additional models later.
I put a 100 rounds thru the Guardian today and it was a pleasure to shoot this pistol.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts