1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I handled one of these yesterday, and was very impressed with fit and workmanship. I wish it was offered in a full length, as a 4" barrel has never made a lot of sense to me in terms of enhanced carry; it's usually the butt that is the problem, and this one is full size. But anyway, the grip felt great, and I suppose it might be some improvement to a carry pistol. I've been considering the full size S&W PD, since it's lighter and has the same full size grip. I usually carry IWB in the back. I've been carrying a plastic pistol, but I find myself still shooting my 1911's far more, so it makes sense to use one for carry. My question, do those who are carrying the CBOB find the weight and/or grip length to be a problem?

·
Registered
535 Posts
My question, do those who are carrying the CBOB find the weight and/or grip length to be a problem?
No... and this pistol is far better balanced than the Kimber Pro IMHO

I haven't tried slimgrips and suspect they might make it feel a little, well...slimmer so I might give that a try sometime. I really like the grip purchase I have now though. I don't care much for the feel of Officer size grips in hand but have never carried one. Oh, and accuracy... My CBOB is not the shortcoming in the accuracy department when I am shooting. I am noticably more accurate with it than my Fullsize govt but that's apples and oranges really.

·
Registered
318 Posts
So what kind of OUt-of-the-box reliability stories do owners have?

I mean, straight from teh shop, to clean and lube, and then shooting. What kind of cycling or failure to feed rates are people seeing?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I'm only 200 rounds in...

...and it's been 100% perfect so far. No FTF or FTE's. That seems to be the story across the board. I haven't seen any negative feedback about them yet.

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
So what kind of OUt-of-the-box reliability stories do owners have?

I mean, straight from teh shop, to clean and lube, and then shooting. What kind of cycling or failure to feed rates are people seeing?
A poll was conducted a couple of weeks ago asking just that.

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=163891

Origionaly posted by ed h
My question, do those who are carrying the CBOB find the weight and/or grip length to be a problem?
Carry mine all the time, no problems. Low profile and quite confortable in
an OWB on my back hip.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
My CBOB replace my aluminium framed Kimber Pro Elite as my daily carry, I prefer the extra weight for shooting, and carrying in my holster, I don't really notice it...
I don't feel the bobbed grip when carrying either, the regular grip tended to poke me in the amor handles a bit ...

·
Registered
34 Posts
I carry mine every day, and I don't really notice the weight unless I'm doing something unusual, like running. That's very unusual for me. :biglaugh:

I like the way the Commander-size balances in my hand, and the sight radius is only 3/4" shorter than a full-size, so there is little, if any, effect on accuracy. My CBOB is very accurate, and I have no problems hitting what I'm aiming at.

Mine has been very reliable. It's had a couple hiccups here and there, but all with my 10-rd mags and all with cheap ball ammo. It's been 100% with 7 and 8 round mags, and with every hollowpoint I've tried. It's currently loaded with Hornady TAP 230gr +P.

I like the bobtail, I find it very comfortable to hold and shoot. I've considered bobtailing my Colt Commander, but I probably won't since I don't intend to carry it.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Dan Wesson CBOB

I've had my DW CBOB for about 9 months. I've put about 1000 rounds through it with zero malfunctions. It carrys well and is very accurate. The CBOB has become one of my all time favorite pistols.

Best regards.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I bought mine used, it looked like a safe queen except for a nice idiot scratch.

I had one FTF, and it came from HP round that went into a range pile from being rechambered too many times, had a short OAL. Other than that, perfect, about 400 rounds so far.

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
Posted by Ben B.
I bought mine used, it looked like a safe queen except for a nice idiot scratch
Put one in mine as well. A green Star Brite pad took it right out:)

Another advantage of stainless:rock:

Chris

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
GoodShow said:
Put one in mine as well. A green Star Brite pad took it right out:)
I was pretty sassy about mine, until I found out how tight the plunger fit on the CBOB. I need a small screwdriver to press the plunger in, or I'll leave a nice scratch myself.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I have a couple of 5" 1911's also. The 4.25" bbl is easier to conceal.

In my experience when carrying on the hip a super long jacket is not needed and you can sit comfortably. Also with a horizontal shoulder holster the barrel to does not poke out the back.

I suppose it is going to depend on the person though...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts