1911Forum banner

Considering Wilson Combat Holster

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  JAFO216 
#1 ·
I am thinking of ordering a Rapid Response holster from Wilson Combat in sharkskin. For those of you with Wilson hoslters, Do you like them? How is the sharkskin? Would you recommend one to a friend? Thanks in advance.

------------------

#3 ·
I have a Wilson Covert Companion IWB (the one they don't sell anymore) that is a good holster. Build quality is top drawer, the basic design is quite good, and (with the little use it's had) it's held up quite well. It rides a little too high for me so I seldom use it. I have seen quite a few Rapid Response holsters and they all keep in step with the IWB I have. If I needed that type of holster I would not hesitate to buy one. Yeah, I would recommend one. The only down side is Wilson only stocks them with belt loops up to 1.5", I prefer 1.75" belts.

#5 ·
Thanks for the responses. I ordered a new holster and belt from www.raftersgunworks.com today. I hear that this company also makes holsters for Wilson. The only reason I went with Rafters was that they carried Alligator holsters and Wilson didn't. Your responses were appreciated. Now I just have to wait 4 weeks to see it. Which isn't bad considering the wait on other leather crafters. Plus the fact that I am a lefty. I will post on it as soon as I receive it.

------------------

#6 ·
oldcolt,
Good choice in choosing Rafters. Their copy of the Bruce Nelson #1 design and the Wilson Rapid Response are identical in appearance. I've ordered a sharkskin belt from them, can't wait to see their work.

#9 ·
RickyT,

I have the 1 3/4" sharkskin belt,holster and double mag pouch from RafterS.

I've worn it five days a week twelve hour shifts since getting them in June.

I was amazed at the quality for the price.

If you will check out Milt Sparks' site and compare prices you will find that the entire combo from RafterS is less expensive than just the belt from Sparks.

Is the quality the same? You will be the ultimate judge.

I am absolutely satisfied with mine.

------------------
PISS A LIBERAL OFF

BUY A HANDGUN....

#12 ·
Just wanted to clear up a couple of things.

First Wilson is still ordering the old style Covert Companion so it is no big deal to get one we still make it . The belt loops will accept 1.75 inch belt also . If not special order them its no big deal .

Wilson also changed the style this year of the Rapid Response to that of one similar to the Rafter S line so its totally different now . But like the Covert Companion we still have the dies and can make one of the old style I assume Wilson would do that .

Also OLD COLT did you tell Della that you are left handed . You might want to double check and let her know . Thanks Guys for all the work you have sent our way , we appreciate it a bunch . Keep those orders a coming . As for quality I like to show off my 5 year old Shark belt that I wear 10-16 hours a day and it looks like new still . You cant wear this stuff out and if you do we want it back to look over .

------------------
S.L. Caldwell
Leathercrafter
Rafter S Gunleather 417-277-5636
www.raftersgunleather.com

#13 ·
JAF0216,
I did indeed call Della back and it was a good thing I did she told me she would make it very clear that this was a LH holster.
I remember reading your posts earlier in the forums and decided to give your shop a little business. Everyone there I talked to was very personable. Della even thanked me for calling her back. Something you don't get everyday. A little courtesy goes along way in my book. I hope you get to do the work on my alligator rig. Let me know if you do. Like I said, I will post as soon as I receive it.
John

------------------

#14 ·
Was that a left handed holster for a right handed Alligator . Just kiddin , I spoke to them this morning and they said you had called back , Thanks . Will probably do some work on your Rig considering we are only 3 strong there I get a bunch of work . I usually do almost all the final rubbing and molding end of it . Will talk to you later .
And yes they are nice folks .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.