1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Well this setup didn't work for me :(
With 9mm barrel in, I tried some cycling with snap caps and the extractor
does not grab the round enough to eject. The round to be ejected just sits
in the chamber preventing the following round to chamber. I tried the extractor
test by removing the slide and placing the round in extract position but there is too big a gap for the extractor to hold the 9mm round. Do I need to take the gun to a smith or is this something I can easily fix at home? Thanks for any help!

· Registered
13 Posts
Bob,
Thanks for the input. After messing around with the Commander for some time, I'm pretty sure the problem is with the current ejector on the frame. I've tweaked the extractor now to the point where it grabs the round firmly. However, my ejector is the older "snub" nosed one and as I cycle the slide back to full recoil, the round is pulled back by the extractor nicely but the ejector nose is too short to engage/push the round out so the round just sits in the chamber. I've tried with snap caps and live rounds with same results.

So I'm thinking of ordering one of those extended ejectors from Midway but wanted to ask if ejectors are the same length between Government and Commander models. Midway website does not specify so just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.