1911Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
571 Posts
Chopped_750 said:
Remove the rear sight
Pardon my ignorance, but how exactly do you do this? I see a roll pin, but is it as simple as getting a hammer and punch, drive it down to the inside of the slide (after the firing pin and spring are removed first I assume) and then sliding off the rear sight? :confused:

· Registered
79 Posts
M1911Arch said:
Pardon my ignorance, but how exactly do you do this? I see a roll pin, but is it as simple as getting a hammer and punch, drive it down to the inside of the slide (after the firing pin and spring are removed first I assume) and then sliding off the rear sight? :confused:
That's not a roll pin, bit a tiny allen grub screw.....

Matt

· Banned
7,478 Posts
Buy a standard firing pin. I like USGI M1911 firing pins. Remove the Kimber Series II firing pin. Insert the replacement pin. The firing pin interlock has no place to drop down into on this pin and the firing pin will never be locked out.

If you remove the Series II parts in the slide you have to remove the sight. Nothing is hurt by leaving these parts in the slide and frame and it makes warranty service easier as you can retrofit the Kimber firing pin before service.

I don't see any reason to do any of this, though. I've done it. I've gone back to the interlock.

-- Chuck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.