1911Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was in a shop today and saw a NIB Coonan .357 mag stainless with 2 mags. What's the history on this thing and what's it worth? serial # was less than 200.

Seemed like an interesting piece.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Whatever they're asking!!
Really, those things are about as rare as hen's teeth.

According to my somewhat dated (15th) edition of the Blue Book, last MSRP was $625 and $720 for A and B models, respectively. NIB "A" model weighs in at $1150, NIB "B" model at $675.

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
I have 2 shootin' buddies that own them, one of them would have been mine but that is a whole other story. Those guns are flat out awesome, both are super accurate and the work on them is of the finest quality! Buy it now, it is calling your name, you know you want it, go get it!

------------------
DEATH TO THE NEW WORLD ORDER!

·
Registered
203 Posts
My son has had one for about 10 years. Fantastic performance with 125 gr JHP's out of the 5 inch barrel. He had Coonan add stippling to the front strap and MSH, ambi safety, fancy grips,and an adjustable rear sight.

Two things to be careful about. Coonan's are difficult to fit with FLGR's so I would leave that out. Magazines are the heart of the Coonan. Make sure you get several.

------------------
When the world is at peace, a gentleman keeps his sword at his side.

·
Registered
141 Posts
If the serial number is low, under 2,000 I think, than it`s an early "A" model of which only 1,200 were made.. Grab it and run...

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Originally posted by logansdad:
Really, those things are about as rare as hen's teeth.
How can this be? The Coonan is a currently catalogued item in this year's Gun Buyers Guide. How can they be rare?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Coonan Arms went out of business about 2 years ago, small outfit in St.Paul,MN. They never paid the big bucks for full page ads in the gun magazines, pistols seem to have sold by word of mouth. They really are great pistols, had mine since 1884 or so. It`s a keeper.........

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sapper6:
No he is not.
He is TRYING to get back into the pistol business one step at a time. I think he will attempt to offer some sort of tuning and servicing options in the near future, as well as try to come up with a new source for mags, which are becoming like hens' teeth.

I too have only one mag, but I'm baulking at paying $100 for a mag which should cost no more than $20 or $30.

I keep a close watch on his website and on the forum there.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Roshi said:
Two things to be careful about. Coonan's are difficult to fit with FLGR's so I would leave that out. Magazines are the heart of the Coonan. Make sure you get several.

Call me ignorant. What is an FLGR?

·
Registered
705 Posts
F ull L ength G uide R od

1 - 15 of 15 Posts