1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new Coonan arrived last week and i can hardly wait to get it too the range.

I am a bit bummed about the trigger though. The reviews I read had the trigger as being sharp and crisp. Mine has is sloppy feeling with a bit of over travel. I have read that a lot of lower level 1911s have this as a common problem. I know the Coonan isn't a true 1911, but I am still bummed.

I took the pistol apart to adjust the trigger and it does not have the adjustable bow. The trigger is just funky... not sure if an aftermarket trigger will even fit. The actual trigger piece is not attached to the bow, it hangs right above the bow and simply pushes the bow back.

I do not have all the tools to add a plate to the rear of the trigger bow. Couldn't find anything with my friend Google. I am not afraid to try stuff myself, but I am a novice with working on handguns. Anyone have any ideas other than taking it to a gunsmith?

Thanks!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I agree with Car-man... definitely call Coonan and have them take care of that. My new one is ready for me to pick up and I'll expect that trigger to be just like on my other one which has great trigger pull.... I'm anxious to break it in!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts